Welcome to the Gallery Systems EmbARK Web Kiosk Demo Site
EmbARK Web Kiosk is a web interface for the EmbARK databases. Use Web Kiosk to make selected data from your internal database available to a broad public via the Internet. You can also set up Web Kiosk as an intranet, allowing staff to access information using any web browser. Web Kiosk can be customized so it matches the look of your internet site and other graphic materials.
Please use the menu items at the left to begin browsing the collection. This site features images from the Joe Price Shin'enKan Collection
Recent New Features (current version is 9.5):
- Artist Images: Display an unlimited number of Media (images, sound, video) related to the artist.
- Google Maps: If latitude and longitude data is entered into fields, the location of the object can be displayed via a Google Map. See TriArte for an example.
- Custom Search: The Custom Search allows querying on any combination of fields.
- Export current selection of objects as CDWA Lite or LIDO XML data.
- Filtering: A new filter function is available on many of the object page layouts.
- Gallery Systems and Zoomify have partnered to enable high-resolution image zooming with the Web Kiosk. Sample templates demonstrate the Zoomable Image (Flash viewer) and the Zoomable Image (HTML 5 viewer) (compatibile with iOS) to load the high resolution files.
- Comments: If you would like to add easy commenting, check out HTMLcommentbox. Their site provides a wizard to build a snippet of code that you can paste into your Web Kiosk template. The tool features a comment approval function via Google integration.
- EmbARK Web Kiosk 10 is coming soon. It features publication of new record types such as Exhibition and Bibliography. Unicode characters such as Chinese or Arabic will display. And the URLs will be encoded and not require unique session ID tags! Try adjusting the width of your browser windows to see the responsive design of the new templates.
Last updated: May 5, 2016